Baby it’s cold outside. And I mean COLD!! (At least for those of us who live here in AZ! 😉 ) Cold weather makes me want to snuggle on the couch, light a fire and eat something yummy and warm – Turkey Chili to the rescue!
We featured this recipe last year in our Team Crockpot group, and it has been a staple in our house ever since! Although it be low carb, it is full of flavor and will keep you full and satisfied for a long time!
- 1.25-1.5 lbs ground Turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.5 C cubed butternut squash or sweet potatoes (or you can use once can of kidney beans instead!)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 (6 oz) jar/can of tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) jar/can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) jar/can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of kidney or cannellini beans (Optional)
In a large non-stick sauté pan, cook the 1 small diced onion and 1.25 lbs. ground turkey meat over medium high heat until the meat is just browned, breaking it up as it cooks.
Pour the meat and onion into the Crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high heat for 4 hours, or on low heat for 8 hours.
Enjoy with toppings of choice if desired (orgnaic shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, chopped green onions, etc.).