Say BYE BYE BYE to your Chipotle bowl obsession, and say HELLO to this insanely amazing Balsamic & Chicken Veggie Bowl…
Let’s be real, I 100% pre-judged this bowl and thought I was NOT going to like it because it had cabbage in it, and it was warm. 😉
First bite, Steve and I looked at each other, second bite, we looked at each other again. The telltale sign we LOVE something! He did his funny head bob, and I shook my fork over the bowl – our signs to each other that we are digging the meal. ❤
So, I am gonna stop rambling and share this meal that we will now be enjoying EVERY week! From the amazing blog Autoimmunewellness.com!
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 tart apples, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts(I used a green cabbage instead, brussels and me don’t love each other!)
- 3 tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons broth or water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (omit for Whole30)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated onion or onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (omit for AIP)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon fat in a large 12-inch stainless steel skillet over medium heat.
2. Sautee onion until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cabbage and garlic and sautee for 3 to 4 minutes until cabbage is browned and crisp tender. Add apples, Brussels and ½ tsp salt and sautee for 4 to 5 minutes until the apples are soft.
3. Meanwhile, whisk balsamic, broth, mustard and maple together. Pour into pan and toss to coat, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid for 2 minutes until vegetables are tender to your preference. Transfer to a large glass dish.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon fat in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breast with oregano, onion powder and remaining ½ tsp salt. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Serve on top of the veggies with a drizzle of balsamic on top!
We can’t WAIT to hear what you all think, we hope it’s love at first BITE! 😉 ❤
(And the Tall Blonde)